Sunday, September 13, 2009

Boomzzilla Strikes Again


If my first name was Boom and my last name Zzilla I would consider myself extremely lucky. If I'd been named after the band it would be even better.

I'm currently at Nectar in Freemont. Boomzzilla's nearing the end of their set and it's been like chocolate-covered-awesome since song 1. Dance Grenade is, of course a crowd pleaser, but if all those audience members weren't singing along with Monster Party and Vibraphone as well, by golly.

Their electro-indie-rap forays smack of The Gorillaz...or really of any of the many European bands one might hear in a German discoteque. The clincher is that we can understand Boomzzilla's lyrics about Werewolf Love, Nascar on Saturn, Android Reincarnation...oh and the true story about being beat up by Russian prostitutes in Korea.

Yes, I would proudly answer to the name Boomzzilla, and so should they.

Also, tonight they announced their upcoming Monster Partaaaay Halloween Show at the Everett Skaterink with Mad Rad. Thou shalt not miss it.

No comments: